3 STEPS TO KEEP YOUR IRRIGATION WORKING ITS BEST
HOW TO KEEP YOUR IRRIGATION WORKING ITS BEST
- Watch your system run to be sure all sprinkler heads are working and that all zones are covered.
- Repair or replace broken sprinkler heads immediately.
- Prune plants or remove other obstacles blocking spray zones.
STRATEGIES FOR LAWN CARE
Many homeowners who experience lawn problems such as brown spots try more frequent watering or use more fertilizer without really knowing the cause. If the problem is due to disease or pests, that won’t help and can make it worse. It’s best to first try diagnosing the source.
A 3-STEP LAWN CHECK-UP
- Check to be sure your irrigation system is working correctly.
- If the area is receiving water, check with a reputable lawn care company or your local extension office to diagnose the problem.
- If the problems continue, consider using a different turf type or an alternative ground cover for that space.
PICK A PRO
So you don’t “do” lawns? There are many experienced landscape maintenance companies who can assist homeowners.
Look for professionals who have Green Industry Best Management Practices training or have invested in additional training through landscape industry associations.